Tuesday 12 February 2008

Valentines day

Valentines day is a shmock
Its just an excuse for people to spend money and remind them selves tha someone loves them and someone finds them attractive. Were it just reminds people like me that no1 loves them and that no1 finds them attractive. Yes, this blog is coming from a bitter single girl who has nothing better to do on this special day :)
Maybe I wouldn't be so single today if I didnt have a really weird taste in guys... you know Im generally attracted to fantastic looking, toned, happy, healthy, talented and sucsessful lads. Actually Im not that fussy, one of my perfect guys would be Michael Cera (Superbad, Juno) and my Mom keeps reminding me that he isn't the best looking guy in the world, but hes cute, talented, sucessful, not fat, probably healthy and Sicilian and thats just great lol! (other perfect guys include Milo Ventimiglia & Orlando Bloom)
Most the time I don't mind being single... but alot of the time I hate it. Examples of when it really hurts is when old family and friends come over and they ask me (or my mom) if I have a boyfriend... and when I say no they pull this big shocked face as if to make out that they are generally shocked. As if Im the prettiest, most stylish, and nicest person in the world, and not a crooked nosed spotty 5ft shrimp with uncontrolable curly hair and abit of a teenage attitude.
I walked into the room once and my mom was trying to explain to an old family friend why I didn't have a boyfriend!
What the hell is that about?
Why is it so weird for a 17 year old girl to be single in this world?
They all compare me to my older cousins who have had serious relationships (with my bestfriends) since they were 14.
Well anyway... some good news is that im having my hair done tomorow :) At the moment im quite blonde with a full fringe and just longer than shoulder length. My hair is natrually quite dark and this blonde I cant take anymore! Just after a week of spending at least £70 at the hairdressers my roots have grown back and looks terrible! It makes my hair look really week and when I have it curly it doesnt curl properly! So Im going dark again... quite dark actually... like a dark chocolate, ill like it no matter what because ive been dark most of my life so! Will add a photos tomorow :)
Ive chosen to put a pic of Orlando Bloom on this post cus it will cheer me up! HAHA
also added a new banner!
Sorry about the moaning and I hope everyone has a nice Valentines day :)

Also check out my friend Lunas blog... here :)

14 comments:

Kayleigh said...

Happy Valentines Day Adele!
Why is there so much pressure on the under 21s to have everything achieved before they finish education? We're expected to work hard, get perfect grades, have a well paying job and a perfect long-term partner all before we're even old enough to know better! Life is getting harder for us teens and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. At least we get to watch films and perv at guys! Michael Cera is a cutie!

IƱaki said...

hey!
thanx for your comment!
great blog, btw!

xx

Anonymous said...

Happy valentine! :-)

Unknown said...

I always change my hair to give myself a boost.

Seriously? Valentines' isn't all that great! I just use it as an excuse to have fun.

Seeker said...

Thank you for visited my blog and left such nice comment.
I didn't know yours, but I'm liking it so I'm going to check it.
Hope to see you in mine again.

Don't make pressure on yourself you'll have plenty of time to have relationships, your still so young.
Enjoy yourself first.

Hpe you had a great day.

xoxo

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Ha-ha, V-day is a bummer. I'm 21 and single and I don't think its odd to be single. Honestly I haven't met anyone worth pursueing yet.

Karine said...

Happy Valentines day!!!

In Brazil this day is in June 12.



^^

Karine said...

Happy Valentines day!!!

In Brazil this day is in June 12.



^^

Anonymous said...

Totally agree about Valentine's Day!
Plus, why should there be one day out of 365 to express your love to somebody?
So yea..agree with you, hun.
Good choice on putting Orlando to cheer you up, haha. [; lol
The boyfriend thing. So funny, happens to me too lol
I just shrug it off, though.
My family's always like, "How are they boyfriends?"
And I'm just like, "...I don't have one." lmao. So sad. xD
Ah well..shrug it off. lol
Love your blog hun! I'm gonna keep checking it! (:
Love ya! xo

Jill said...

I really hope your hair turns out well, & I think Cera is hilarious.

Secretista said...

down with v-day!

S said...

I know what you mean with the whole family being all shocked. It's quite irritating, really. I think all girls are picky in one way or another. Most girls, anyway. I know I am :) Oh, post up pictures of your new hairstyle when its done! And you're friends blog is quite interesting <3

Sid said...

Oh I know that. I still get the "do you have a boyfriend yet?" Been getting that question since I was 12.

Also I think you look quite adorable.

Question: how do you add a banner to your blog?

Anonymous said...

hiya


Just saying hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for, looks like i have a lot to read.

 
Template designed using TrixTG